Search the internet and you will find hundreds of companies and organizations that offer credit repair services to consumers in need. The question is, which one of them is for real? Which company can you trust to help you repair bad credit?
If you are not sure about what to look for, you can easily be a victim of fake credit counselling agencies or illegal companies that are out to make money. On this post, we present valuable tips on how you can choose the best credit repair service out of the many choices in the market.
1) Check history. It is recommended that you look for a company that has been providing credit repair services to consumers for at least five years or longer.
2) Use the internet to compare. It will be much easier to do research and comparison online.
3) Know the terms of payment. The Credit Repair Organizations Act clearly states that credit repair companies cannot demand payment unless the services have already been rendered.
4) Watch out for counsellors who earn by commissions. Find out how a credit repair company pays its counselors.
5) Check the BBB. Another way to learn about a company’s credibility is to check the Better Business Bureau.
6) Understand the legal process. You should be well aware about what kinds of services a credit repair company or credit counselling agency can do for you.
Resources for YOU: