“Your credit will be erased permanently!”; Does that offer sound too enticing to dismiss? Maybe so. Especially for those who are awfully troubled by financial crisis and debt. They may be so
desperate about their bad credit that they would take any offer of help as appealing as that. But before you take that plunge, be warned! There are many companies out there, disguising as help
who are only after your money.
Here are the warning signs of what to look out for or credit repair rip-offs:
- You are being asked to pay a sum of money before any services are provided. This should be a major red flag for you, because you are already in debt and you should be not be asked to put out
any sum of money without completing the services you need.
- The Company does not advise you your legal rights.
- You are not informed about options that you can do for yourself for free. Yes, there are some means to help fix your credit problems on your own, without having to pay anything.
- Advices you not to get in touch with a credit bureau directly.
- Advices to use false information such as your Employer Identification Number to use in place of your Social Security Number
- Recommends an action that seems illegal like creating a new credit identity. Following this advice will make